Anonymous

Coin cabinet, first half of the 18th century

spruce, oak veneer, brass, gilded cartouches with painted coats of arms of the Olomouc bishop Jakob Ernst von Liechtenstein-Kastelkorn; 88×140×75 cm, acquired 1738–1745, Olomouc Archbishopric – Archdiocesan Museum in Kroměříž, KE 2072

It is a two-part cabinet with the Papal coat of arms and with the crest of the Olomouc bishop, Jakob Ernst von Liechtenstein-Kastelkorn (1738–1745). Both crests have carved gilded frames. The upper part has a double-hung door and 33 drawers for coins. The lower part has two wings with six drawers and a hinged desktop. It was placed in a private living room of the Olomouc bishops and archbishops.

Photo Gallery
Coin cabinet
first half of the 18th century


Todays opening hours

Archdiocesan Museum Olomouc Closed
Museum of Modern Art 10 AM - 6 PM
Archdiocesan Museum Kroměříž closed

Sunday | 29. 11. 2020

Today is open


Pokladna otevřená út–ne 10-18 hodin, Rezervace na pokladna@olmuart.cz
telefon: 585 514 241

9 exhibitions open

Subscribe to Newsletter

© MUZEUM UMĚNÍ OLOMOUC 2016