Speculum Mundi | Artistic treasures of the Royal Premonstratensian Canon at Strahov

Můžete si koupit


Přejít do e-shopu

Press Contact

Tomáš Kasal MA
Press Agent
(+420) 585 514 282, (+420) 602 671 477
kasal@muo.cz

Následujte nás

Speculum Mundi | Artistic treasures of the Royal Premonstratensian Canon at Strahov

December 4, 2014 - April 26, 2015
Archdiocesan Museum in Olomouc | Gallery

We present one of the most prominent religious collections in the Czech Republic which, despite damage during the war and ill fortune, has been preserved in remarkable qualityto the present day. The collecting history of the Premonstratensian Monastery at Strahov in Prague began shortly after its founding in 1143 by Prince Vladislav II. alongside the Olomouc bishop Jindřich Zdík. The heyday of collecting activities occurred mainly between the 17th and 19th centuries. The roots of the rich picture collection, for which the abbot Jerome Josef Zeidler built a famous picture gallery in the years 1835-1836, also extend deep into history. By an exclusive selection of works of various artistic types from the Middle Ages to the Modern Era, we not only introduce the history and importance of monastic collections, but also their breadth and diversity.

Photo Gallery
Conrad III. Kreuzer (1590 - 1622)

The pectoral watch in the shape of a cross, Augsburg, around 1620

The Strahov Bible

1480s

Charles Raphael Ungar – Adolph Joseph Šrámek

Numophilacium Sioneum, 1773

Philipp Peter Roos called Rosa di Tivoli

Shepherd with a Dog, Billy Goat, Goat and Two Sheep, c. 1685

Jan Adolf Brandeis

The Strahov Abbot Jerome Josef Zeidler, 1864

Martin Simon Göpfert

Monstrance from Doksany, Cheb, 1739

Jakub Antonín Pink

St Francis of Assisi, 1731

Nine-banded armadillo (Dasypus novemcinctus)

taxidermic dissection, late 18th century

Gaspare Diziani

Alexander the Great Facing Diogenes, (1730–1735)

Alén Karel Diviš

The Crucifixion, 1954

Download

Todays opening hours

Archdiocesan Museum Olomouc Closed
Museum of Modern Art Closed
Archdiocesan Museum Kroměříž closed

Friday | 23. 10. 2020

Today is open


Pokladna otevřená út–ne 10-18 hodin, Rezervace na pokladna@olmuart.cz
telefon: 585 514 241

8 exhibitions open

Subscribe to Newsletter

© MUZEUM UMĚNÍ OLOMOUC 2016